Saturday, October 20, 2007

5. The Belle of Sweden

"I've gone from saint to whore and back to saint again, all in one lifetime."

An angelic beauty seldom approached, an imposing presence both physical and spiritual, a natural and raw talent that has never, ever been equalled: Ingrid Bergman was meant to be filmed - and thank the muses she was, for what a great loss the world of cinema would've had otherwise. So... for Ingrid, Sam - play it again.

Favourite performance: Gaslight

Favourite films: Casablanca, Spellbound, Gaslight

Leading men of choice: Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant

1 comment:

kimboluvr said...

Films seen: Casablanca, Gaslight, Anastasia, The Inn of the Sixth Happiness, Autumn Sonata.

Favourite performance: Autumn Sonata.

Why I Like Her: Even though I haven't seen all of her acclaimed performances, I think I can still honestly say that she was without a doubt, one of the greatest actresses to grace the screen. And being Rick's leading lady doesn't hurt either!